Unique Student Identifier
If you’re studying nationally recognised training in Australia from 1 January 2015, you will be required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Once you hold USI you will be able to:
- give your USI to each training organisation you study with
- view and update your details in your USI account
- view and download your training records and results (transcript) from early 2016 onwards
- manage who can view your transcript
If you do not already have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) and you authorise WH&S More Skills to apply for a USI to the Student Identifiers Registrar (Registrar) on your behalf, WH&S More Skills will provide to the Registrar the following items of personal information about you:
- your name, including first or given name(s), middle name(s) and surname or family name as they appear in an identification document;
- your date of birth, as it appears, if shown, in the chosen document of identity;
- your city or town of birth;
- your country of birth;
- your gender; and
- your contact details.
When we apply for a USI on your behalf the Registrar will verify your identity. The Registrar will do so through the Document Verification Service (DVS) managed by the Attorney-General’s Department which is built into the USI online application process if you have documents such as a Medicare card, birth certificate, driver licence, Australian passport, citizenship document, certificate of registration by descent, ImmiCard or Australian entry visa.
If you do not have a document suitable for the DVS and we are authorised to do so by the Registrar we may be