BERT Training Fund
BERT Training Fund (BTF) is a joint Union and Employer initiative which provides members of the Building Employees Redundancy Trust (BERT) with funding and assistance to improve their skills. The fund which was previously known as the Queensland Construction Training Fund (QCTF) was established in 1991 to enable industry to take responsibility for the funding of its training needs.
WH&S More Skills can assist students, who are able to access funding via BTF, with their training needs.
Who they help
BERT Training Fund (BTF) assists in the training of workers in the building and construction industry who are members of the Building Employees Redundancy Trust (BERT). Through skills training, workers can increase their skills, knowledge and expertise. This leads to better employment options, higher wages and a more productive industry. BTF will provide assistance in both the trade and non-trade occupations and in the building, civil and engineering construction sectors of the industry. The applicant may either be employed or unemployed.
How they are funded
BTF receives annual financial disbursements from BERT and related trust funds. These funds are provided to BTF for the purpose of improving skills in the industry. Since their inception, BTF has received (and distributed) over $30 million in training funds to the Queensland construction industry.
How Training Grants Work
1. Make sure that you are a BERT member. Contact BTF or BERT to confirm this.
2. Find out what course you would like to do with WH&S More Skills and note the details.
3. Apply for a grant online with BTF (BTF recommends you do this prior to undertaking the course) – allow 5 to 10 working days for approval.
4. Once your grant is approved in writing, pay and enrol in your chosen course and do the training.
5. When your training is complete send BTF:
- A copy of the paid invoice from WH&S More Skills;
- A copy of the training results (Statement of Attainment/Qualification or driving assessment report);
- A copy of your Separation Certificate (if applicable); and
- A copy of your bank statement clearly displaying the name of the bank, the account name and the BSB and account numbers.
Find out more about the BERT Training Fund
Fill out the form below and one of our friendly staff will be in touch to discuss your funding.