Scaffolding work includes putting up, changing or taking down of a temporary structure that is used to support a work platform, where a person or object could fall more than four metres.
To perform intermediate scaffolding duties you need to have an Intermediate Scaffolding – SI high risk work licence.
To apply for an intermediate scaffolding licence you must hold, or have passed assessment for, a basic scaffolding licence.
Intermediate scaffolding work includes:
- scaffolding work included in the class of Basic Scaffolding
- tube and coupler scaffolds including tube and coupler covered ways and gantries
- cantilever crane loading platforms
- cantilever and spurred scaffolds
- barrow ramps and sloping platforms
- scaffolding associated with perimeter safety screens and shutters
- mast climbers.