About this course
This unit specifies the outcomes required to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding at the Advanced level. Scaffolding consists of all intermediate scaffolding work including all other scaffolding work connected with the use and operation of Hung scaffolds and Suspended scaffolds for licensing purposes.
This unit covers the scope of work to plan the job, select and inspect equipment, set up task, erect scaffold and scaffold equipment and dismantle scaffold and scaffolding equipment.
This unit is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
This unit in its current form meets state and territory licensing requirements. Any alteration will result in a unit which is not acceptable to regulators for the purpose of licensing.
This unit has a pre-requisites requirement. This requirement may be met by either the successful completion of the unit CPCCLSF3001A Licence to erect , alter and dismantle scaffolding intermediate level or holding a valid licence for intermediate scaffolding.
State regulators require minimum numbers for assessment in this course, If minimum numbers are not met prior to the course starting, it may need to be postponed. Students will be offered alternative dates or a full refund
- General Safety (common scaffolding hazards and preparing a scaffolding plan)
- Types of Scaffolds (scaffolding components)
- Working Platforms (loads and load classifications)
- Structural Stability
- Access to Scaffolds
- Modular Scaffolds
- Frame Scaffolds
- Mobile Scaffolds
- Trestle & Bracket Scaffolds
- Birdcage Scaffolds
- Ancillary Equipment (safety harnesses, record keeping and the use of gin wheels)
- Bends & Hitched
- Industrial Safety Nets
- Cantilevered Platform (Materials) Hoists
- Inspection & Maintenance of Equipment