Duration: 1 day
Times: 7:00am – 3:00pm
Class size: 10 students
Pre-requisite: CPCPCM2043A Carry out WHS requirements
Assessment type: Theory and practical
Units of Competency
|Course Code||Course Name|
|CPCPCM2055A||Work safely on roofs|
This unit of competency specifies the outcomes required to perform safe work practices when undertaking plumbing work on roofing structures.
A person who demonstrates competency in this unit must be able to provide evidence of:
- locating, interpreting and applying relevant information, standards and specifications for working safely on roofs
- applying safety requirements throughout the work sequence, including electrical safety requirements and the use of personal protective clothing and equipment
- given the plans and specifications for the roof working area of a corner, extending at least 4 metres in either direction and greater than 1.8m high, provide for erection, maintenance and dismantling of the fall and perimeter protection requirements for the site, incorporating handrails and footwalk or harnesses and harness fixing points for safe personal and stores access to the roof, stores and equipment locations; and risk assessment, ensuring:
- application of sustainability principles and concepts
- correct identification of risks and safety requirements
- correct selection and use of appropriate processes, tools and equipment
- completion of all work to specification
- compliance with regulations, standards and organisational quality procedures and processes
- communicating and working effectively and safely with others.
Why Train with Us?
> Large variety of funding options available:
- CSQ Short Course & SAGT
- BERT Training Fund
- User Choice
- Certificate 3 Guarantee
> We do not cancel courses due to minimum numbers*
> We include RII units
> Extensive range of plant equipment
> Tax deduction for accredited training
*Except where required by the state safe work regulator
- OHS and legislative obligations
- Identify work safety requirements
- Identify work procedures and instructions
- Prepare for work
- Perform work on roof
- Clean up work area
Course Training & Outcomes
Training & Assessment
With successful completion of the training & assessment, applicants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) and wallet-sized plastic competency card for:
CPCPCM2055A Work safely on roofs
Provided that students have been deemed competent at the conclusion of their training & assessment, they will receive their SOA and Card on their final day of the course.
Example Competency Card
Example Statement of Attainment
Training Requirements & What To Bring
- High Risk Work Licence assessments can only be undertaken at the age of 18 years or over
- All current High Risk Work Licences
- Logbooks recording high risk work hours under supervision (if available)
- Unique Student Identifier (USI) is required prior to course commencement – please bring number to course.
- Photo ID i.e. Queensland or Interstate Driver’s Licence or Passport
- Applicants will be required to have a basic knowledge and understanding of the English language
- PPE must be worn by students attending the course on all occasions. This includes steel cap boots, long pants, long sleeves, (high vis shirt if possible otherwise long sleeves with a high vis vest) and a safety hard hat. For dogging, rigging & scaffolding courses, students are required to bring gloves and safety glasses.
WH&S More Skills will provide whistles as well as the general training equipment, notes, logbook and training plans, calculators and pens.
The training facilities are comfortable and air conditioned, with modern training aids. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided as well as fridges and a microwave for participants to use. There are several takeaway lunch spots of good quality within a kilometre. Lunch is not provided with the training.
Students have direct access to all the necessary plant required for the relevant course i.e. Cranes, EWP, Forklifts and Scaffold.
The Construction Training Centre offers a free car park for all students and visitors, as well as a cafe onsite.
On-site Training & Group Bookings
We also offer onsite training as well as group booking options at our training facilities.
Onsite training and group bookings provide the advantage of being able to choose the course dates as it is suitable for you and your employees.
For more information contact us on (07) 3183 0000 or send an email enquiry.