Duration: 1 day
Times: 7:00am – 3:00pm
Class size: 10 students
Pre-requisite: No pre-requisites
Assessment type: Theory and practical
Work Safely at Heights is also conducted as a Night Course. Please contact us for further information.
Units of Competency
|Course Code||Course Name|
|RIIWHS204D||Work safely at heights|
People such as scaffolders, riggers and operators of elevating work platforms are exposed to the dangers of working at heights on a regular basis.
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to work safety at heights in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This unit it appropriate for those working in operational roles where they are required to perform work at heights.
The candidate must demonstrate knowledge of the following when working safely at heights:
- names and functions of equipment, components and materials
- complying with equipment manufacturer’s instructions and specifications
- safe shifting and handling of tools and materials
- adhering to statutory and regulatory authority requirements
- the nature of work undertaken at heights
- complying with heights safety systems
- the processes of providing for safe working practices
- using safety equipment/systems and considerations to facilitate working safely at heights
- complying with safe work methods
Why Train with Us?
> Large variety of funding options available:
- CSQ Short Course & SAGT
- BERT Training Fund
- User Choice
- Certificate 3 Guarantee
> We do not cancel courses due to minimum numbers*
> We include RII units
> Extensive range of plant equipment
> Tax deduction for accredited training
*Except where required by the state safe work regulator
- OHS and legislative obligations
- Identify work requirements
- Identify work procedures and instructions
- Access and install equipment
- Perform work at heights
- Clean up work area
Course Training & Outcomes
Training & Assessment
With successful completion of the training & assessment, applicants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) and wallet-sized plastic competency card for:
RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
Provided that students have been deemed competent at the conclusion of their training & assessment, they will receive their SOA and Card on their final day of the course.
Example Competency Card
Example Statement of Attainment
Training Requirements & What To Bring
- High Risk Work Licence assessments can only be undertaken at the age of 18 years or over
- All current High Risk Work Licences
- Logbooks recording high risk work hours under supervision (if available)
- Unique Student Identifier (USI) is required prior to course commencement – please bring number to course.
- Photo ID i.e. Queensland or Interstate Driver’s Licence or Passport
- Applicants will be required to have a basic knowledge and understanding of the English language
- PPE must be worn by students attending the course on all occasions. This includes steel cap boots, long pants, long sleeves, (high vis shirt if possible otherwise long sleeves with a high vis vest) and a safety hard hat. For dogging, rigging & scaffolding courses, students are required to bring gloves and safety glasses.
WH&S More Skills will provide whistles as well as the general training equipment, notes, logbook and training plans, calculators and pens.
The training facilities are comfortable and air conditioned, with modern training aids. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided as well as fridges and a microwave for participants to use. There are several takeaway lunch spots of good quality within a kilometre. Lunch is not provided with the training.
Students have direct access to all the necessary plant required for the relevant course i.e. Cranes, EWP, Forklifts and Scaffold.
The Construction Training Centre offers a free car park for all students and visitors, as well as a cafe onsite.
On-site Training & Group Bookings
We also offer onsite training as well as group booking options at our training facilities.
Onsite training and group bookings provide the advantage of being able to choose the course dates as it is suitable for you and your employees.
For more information contact us on (07) 3183 0000 or send an email enquiry.