Duration: 3 days
Times: 7:00am – 3:00pm
Class size: 4 students
Pre-requisite: No pre-requisites
Assessment type: Theory and practical
Units of Competency
|Course Code||Course Name|
|RIIMPO318E||Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations|
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations in civil construction.
This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles.
Evidence is required to be collected that demonstrates a candidate’s competency in this unit. Evidence must be relevant to the roles within this sector’s work operations and satisfy all of the requirements of the performance criteria of this unit and include evidence that the candidate:
- locates and applies relevant documentation, policies and procedures
- implements the requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient completion of civil construction skid steer loader operations
- works effectively with others to undertake and complete civil construction skid steer loader operations that meet all of the required outcomes
- demonstrates completion of conducting civil construction skid steer loader operations that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all of the required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion
- selecting, fitting, testing, using and removing a minimum of one (1) of the following attachments: multipurpose bucket, forks, dozer blade, backhoe
auger, chain digger, power broom, profiler, tiller/mixer, rotary hoe, hammer, asphalt cutter/saw, concrete cutter/saw, rake
Why Train with Us?
> Large variety of funding options available:
- CSQ Short Course & SAGT
- BERT Training Fund
- User Choice
- Certificate 3 Guarantee
> We do not cancel courses due to minimum numbers*
> We include RII units
> Extensive range of plant equipment
> Tax deduction for accredited training
*Except where required by the state safe work regulator
- OHS and legislative obligations
- Identify work safety requirements
- Identify work procedures and instructions
- Plan and prepare for skid steer loader operations
- Operate skid steer loader
- Load, carry and place materials
- Select, remove and fit attachments
- Prepare to relocate the skid steer loader
- Carry out machine operator maintenance
- Clean up work area
Course Training & Outcomes
Training & Assessment
With successful completion of the training & assessment, applicants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) and wallet-sized plastic competency card for:
RIIMPO318E Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
Provided that students have been deemed competent at the conclusion of their training & assessment, they will receive their SOA and Card on their final day of the course.
Example Competency Card
Example Statement of Attainment
Training Requirements & What To Bring
- High Risk Work Licence assessments can only be undertaken at the age of 18 years or over
- All current High Risk Work Licences
- Logbooks recording high risk work hours under supervision (if available)
- Unique Student Identifier (USI) is required prior to course commencement – please bring number to course.
- Photo ID i.e. Queensland or Interstate Driver’s Licence or Passport
- Applicants will be required to have a basic knowledge and understanding of the English language
- PPE must be worn by students attending the course on all occasions. This includes steel cap boots, long pants, long sleeves, (high vis shirt if possible otherwise long sleeves with a high vis vest) and a safety hard hat. For dogging, rigging & scaffolding courses, students are required to bring gloves and safety glasses.
WH&S More Skills will provide whistles as well as the general training equipment, notes, logbook and training plans, calculators and pens.
The training facilities are comfortable and air conditioned, with modern training aids. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided as well as fridges and a microwave for participants to use. There are several takeaway lunch spots of good quality within a kilometre. Lunch is not provided with the training.
Students have direct access to all the necessary plant required for the relevant course i.e. Cranes, EWP, Forklifts and Scaffold.
The Construction Training Centre offers a free car park for all students and visitors, as well as a cafe onsite.
On-site Training & Group Bookings
We also offer onsite training as well as group booking options at our training facilities.
Onsite training and group bookings provide the advantage of being able to choose the course dates as it is suitable for you and your employees.
For more information contact us on (07) 3183 0000 or send an email enquiry.