Duration: 1 day
Times: 7:00am - 3:00pm
Class size: 6 students
Pre-requisite: CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
Assessment type: Theory and practical
Units of Competency
|Course Code||Course Name|
|CPCCCM2008B||Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding|
This unit of competency specifies the outcomes required to erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding to provide work platforms for various occupational applications. It includes placement of safety barriers and only involves modular scaffolding restricted to a height of 4 metres.
This unit of competency supports achievement of skills to handle, erect and dismantle a range of restricted height scaffolding systems, which may include working with others and as a member of a team.
A person who demonstrates competency in this unit must be able to provide evidence of the ability to:
- locate, interpret and apply relevant information, standards and specifications
- comply with site safety plan and OHS legislation, regulations and codes of practice applicable to workplace operations
- comply with organisational policies and procedures, including quality requirements
- safely and effectively use tools, plant and equipment
- communicate and work effectively and safely with others
- complete planning, erection and dismantling of a modular scaffolding system, in accordance with JSA and safe work method statements and regulations, including a minimum of:
- three bays (one with a return)
- one lift with ladder
- fall and edge protection.
Why Train with Us?
> Large variety of funding options available:
- CSQ Short Course & SAGT
- BERT Training Fund
- User Choice
- Certificate 3 Guarantee
> We do not cancel courses due to minimum numbers*
> We include RII units
> Extensive range of plant equipment
> Tax deduction for accredited training
*Except where required by the state safe work regulator
- OHS and legislative obligations
- Identify work requirements, procedures and instructions
- Plan and prepare
- Erect scaffolding
- Inspect, repair and alter scaffolding
- Dismantle scaffolding
- Clean up work area
Course Training & Outcomes
Training & Assessment
With successful completion of the training & assessment, applicants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) and wallet-sized plastic competency card for:
CPCCCM2008B Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
Provided that students have been deemed competent at the conclusion of their training & assessment, they will receive their SOA and Card on their final day of the course.
Example Competency Card
Example Statement of Attainment
Training Requirements & What To Bring
- High Risk Work Licence assessments can only be undertaken at the age of 18 years or over
- All current High Risk Work Licences
- Logbooks recording high risk work hours under supervision (if available)
- Unique Student Identifier (USI) is required prior to course commencement – please bring number to course.
- Photo ID i.e. Queensland or Interstate Driver’s Licence or Passport
- Applicants will be required to have a basic knowledge and understanding of the English language
- PPE must be worn by students attending the course on all occasions. This includes steel cap boots, long pants, long sleeves, (high vis shirt if possible otherwise long sleeves with a high vis vest) and a safety hard hat. For dogging, rigging & scaffolding courses, students are required to bring gloves and safety glasses.
WH&S More Skills will provide whistles as well as the general training equipment, notes, logbook and training plans, calculators and pens.
The training facilities are comfortable and air conditioned, with modern training aids. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided as well as fridges and a microwave for participants to use. There are several takeaway lunch spots of good quality within a kilometre. Lunch is not provided with the training.
Students have direct access to all the necessary plant required for the relevant course i.e. Cranes, EWP, Forklifts and Scaffold.
The Construction Training Centre offers a free car park for all students and visitors, as well as a cafe onsite.
On-site Training & Group Bookings
We also offer onsite training as well as group booking options at our training facilities.
Onsite training and group bookings provide the advantage of being able to choose the course dates as it is suitable for you and your employees.
For more information contact us on (07) 3183 0000 or send an email enquiry.