Course Overview (Public courses are ONLY conducted in Brisbane, QLD)
Duration: 4 days training and 1 day assessment
Times: 7:00am – 3:00pm
Class size: 4 students
Pre-requisite: WH&S More Skills requires all applicants to hold a current Basic Scaffolding Licence, as well as satisfactory demonstration of industry experience.
Assessment type: Theory and practical
Intermediate Scaffolding is also conducted as a Night Course. Please contact us for further information.
Units of Competency
|Course Code||Course Name|
|CPCCLSF3001A||Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding intermediate level|
What is Intermediate Scaffolding?
Scaffolding work includes putting up, changing or taking down of a temporary structure that is used to support a work platform, where a person or object could fall more than four metres.
To perform intermediate scaffolding duties you need to have an Intermediate Scaffolding - SI high risk work licence.
To apply for an intermediate scaffolding licence you must hold, or have passed assessment for, a basic scaffolding licence.
Intermediate scaffolding work includes:
- scaffolding work included in the class of Basic Scaffolding
- tube and coupler scaffolds including tube and coupler covered ways and gantries
- cantilever crane loading platforms
- cantilever and spurred scaffolds
- barrow ramps and sloping platforms
- scaffolding associated with perimeter safety screens and shutters
- mast climbers.
This unit specifies the outcomes required to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding at the Intermediate level which includes use and operation of Cantilevered crane-loading platforms, Cantilevered and spurred scaffolds, Barrow ramps and sloping platforms, perimeter safety screens and shutters Mast climbers, and tube and coupler scaffolds (including tube and coupler covered ways and gantries) for licensing purposes.
This unit covers the scope of work to plan the job, select and inspect equipment, set up task, erect scaffold and scaffold equipment and dismantle scaffold and scaffolding equipment.
This unit is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
This unit in its current form meets state and territory licensing requirements. Any alteration will result in a unit which is not acceptable to regulators for the purpose of licensing.
This unit has a pre-requisites requirement. This requirement may be met by either the successful completion of the unit CPCCLSF2001A Licence to erect , alter and dismantle scaffolding basic level or holding a valid licence for basic scaffolding.
Why Train with Us?
- Large variety of funding options available:
- CSQ Short Course
- BERT Training Fund
- We do not cancel courses due to low numbers*
- We include RII units
- Extensive range of plant equipment
- Tax deduction for accredited training
*Except where required by the state safe work regulator
- General Safety (common scaffolding hazards and preparing a scaffolding plan)
- Types of Scaffolds (scaffolding components)
- Working Platforms (loads and load classifications)
- Structural Stability
- Access to Scaffolds
- Modular Scaffolds
- Frame Scaffolds
- Mobile Scaffolds
- Trestle & Bracket Scaffolds
- Birdcage Scaffolds
- Ancillary Equipment (safety harnesses, record keeping and the use of gin wheels)
- Bends & Hitched
- Industrial Safety Nets
- Cantilevered Platform (Materials) Hoists
- Inspection & Maintenance of Equipment
Course Training & Outcomes
Training & Mandatory assessment
With successful completion of the training and mandatory assessment applicants will be issued with an assessment summary (AS1) and Statement of Attainment (SOA) for the Unit of Competency:
CPCCLSF3001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding intermediate level
Successful applicants will receive an assessment summary (AS1) from the accredited assessor and a Statement of Attainment from WH&S More Skills. Applicants need to complete the online application for a new Queensland HRW Licence on the Worksafe QLD website. This must be done within 60 days of successfully completing the practical assessment. The application fee is $91.50 and payable at the time of your application.
Students should retain their AS1 and proof of payment as evidence that they can lawfully perform work in the relevant class of High Risk, pending a decision on your application. Upon lodgement, enquiries regarding your application should be directed to Workplace Health and Safety QLD on phone 1300 369 915.
Training Requirements & What To Bring
- High Risk Work Licence assessments can only be undertaken at the age of 18 years or over
- All current High Risk Work Licences
- Logbooks recording high risk work hours under supervision (if available)
- Unique Student Identifier (USI) is required prior to course commencement – please bring number to course.
- Photo ID i.e. Queensland or Interstate Driver’s Licence or Passport
- Applicants will be required to have a basic knowledge and understanding of the English language
- PPE must be worn by students attending the course on all occasions. This includes steel cap boots, long pants, long sleeves, (high vis shirt if possible otherwise long sleeves with a high vis vest) and a safety hard hat. For dogging, rigging & scaffolding courses, students are required to bring gloves and safety glasses.
WH&S More Skills will provide whistles as well as the general training equipment, notes, logbook and training plans, calculators and pens.
The training facilities are comfortable air conditioned with modern training aids. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided as well as fridges and a microwave for participants to use. There are several takeaway lunch spots of good quality within a kilometre. Lunch is not provided with the training.
Students have direct access to all the necessary plant required for the relevant course i.e. Cranes, EWP, Forklifts and Scaffold.
The Construction Training Centre offers a free car park for all students and visitors, as well as a cafe onsite.
On-site Training & Group Bookings
We also offer onsite training as well as group booking options at our training facilities.
Onsite training and group bookings provide the advantage of being able to choose the course dates as it is suitable for you and your employees.
For more information contact us on (07) 3183 0000 or send an email enquiry.