Duration: 1 day
Times: 7:00am - 3:00pm
Class size: 10 students
Pre-requisite: No pre-requisites
Assessment type: Theory and practical
Yellow Card (boom under 11m & scissor lift) can be conducted as a Night Course. Please contact us for further information.
Units of Competency
|Course Code||Course Name|
|RIIHAN301D||Operate elevating work platform|
|TLID3035||Operate a boom type elevating work platform|
Our Yellow Card course covers the operation of a boom-type elevating work platform under 11m and scissor lift.
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to operate an elevating work platform in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles.
Evidence is required to be collected that demonstrates a candidate’s competency in this unit. Evidence must be relevant to the roles within this sector’s work operations and satisfy all of the requirements of the performance criteria of this unit and include evidence that the candidate:
- locates and applies relevant documentation, policies and procedures
- implements the requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient completion of operating elevating work platforms
- works effectively with others to undertake and complete the operation of elevating work platforms that meet all of the required outcomes
- demonstrates completion of operating elevating work platforms that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all of the required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion
Why Train with Us?
> Large variety of funding options available:
- CSQ Short Course & SAGT
- BERT Training Fund
- User Choice
- Certificate 3 Guarantee
> We do not cancel courses due to minimum numbers*
> We include RII units
> Extensive range of plant equipment
> Tax deduction for accredited training
*Except where required by the state safe work regulator
- OHS and legislative obligations
- Identify work requirements
- Identify work procedures and instructions
- Plan and prepare for operating an elevating work platform
- Conduct work activities from elevating work platform
- Carry out operation maintenance
- Clean up work area
The training facilities are comfortable and air conditioned, with modern training aids. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided as well as fridges and a microwave for participants to use. There are several takeaway lunch spots of good quality within a kilometre. Lunch is not provided with the training.
Students have direct access to all the necessary plant required for the relevant course i.e. Cranes, EWP, Forklifts and Scaffold.
The Construction Training Centre offers a free car park for all students and visitors, as well as a cafe onsite.
On-site Training & Group Bookings
We also offer onsite training as well as group booking options at our training facilities.
Onsite training and group bookings provide the advantage of being able to choose the course dates as it is suitable for you and your employees.
For more information contact us on (07) 3183 0000 or send an email enquiry.