Duration: 1 day
Times: 7:00am – 3:00pm
Class size: 10 students
Pre-requisite: No pre-requisites
Assessment type: Theory and practical
Work Safely at Heights is also conducted as a Night Course. Please contact us for further information.
Units of Competency
|Course Code||Course Name|
|RIIWHS204D||Work safely at heights|
People such as scaffolders, riggers and operators of elevating work platforms are exposed to the dangers of working at heights on a regular basis.
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to work safety at heights in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This unit it appropriate for those working in operational roles where they are required to perform work at heights.
The candidate must demonstrate knowledge of the following when working safely at heights:
- names and functions of equipment, components and materials
- complying with equipment manufacturer’s instructions and specifications
- safe shifting and handling of tools and materials
- adhering to statutory and regulatory authority requirements
- the nature of work undertaken at heights
- complying with heights safety systems
- the processes of providing for safe working practices
- using safety equipment/systems and considerations to facilitate working safely at heights
- complying with safe work methods
Why Train with Us?
> Large variety of funding options available:
- CSQ Short Course & SAGT
- BERT Training Fund
- User Choice
- Certificate 3 Guarantee
> We do not cancel courses due to minimum numbers*
> We include RII units
> Extensive range of plant equipment
> Tax deduction for accredited training
*Except where required by the state safe work regulator
- OHS and legislative obligations
- Identify work requirements
- Identify work procedures and instructions
- Access and install equipment
- Perform work at heights
- Clean up work area
The training facilities are comfortable and air conditioned, with modern training aids. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided as well as fridges and a microwave for participants to use. There are several takeaway lunch spots of good quality within a kilometre. Lunch is not provided with the training.
Students have direct access to all the necessary plant required for the relevant course i.e. Cranes, EWP, Forklifts and Scaffold.
The Construction Training Centre offers a free car park for all students and visitors, as well as a cafe onsite.
On-site Training & Group Bookings
We also offer onsite training as well as group booking options at our training facilities.
Onsite training and group bookings provide the advantage of being able to choose the course dates as it is suitable for you and your employees.
For more information contact us on (07) 3183 0000 or send an email enquiry.