Duration: 1 day
Times: 7:00am - 3:00pm
Class size: 6 students
Pre-requisite: No pre-requisites
Assessment type: Theory and practical
Units of Competency
|Course Code||Course Name|
|RIIHAN309E||Conduct telescopic materials handler operations|
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to conduct telescopic materials handler operations in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles.
Evidence is required to be collected that demonstrates a candidate’s competency in this unit. Evidence must be relevant to the roles within this sector’s work operations and satisfy all of the requirements of the performance criteria of this unit and include evidence that the candidate:
- locates and applies relevant documentation, policies and procedures
- implements the requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient completion of conducting telescopic materials handler operations
- works effectively with others to undertake and complete the conducting of telescopic materials handler operations that meets all the required outcomes
- demonstrates completion of conducting telescopic materials handler operations that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all of the required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion
Why Train with Us?
> Large variety of funding options available:
- CSQ Short Course & SAGT
- BERT Training Fund
- User Choice
- Certificate 3 Guarantee
> We do not cancel courses due to minimum numbers*
> We include RII units
> Extensive range of plant equipment
> Tax deduction for accredited training
*Except where required by the state safe work regulator
- OHS and legislative obligations
- Identify work requirements, procedures and instructions
- Plan and prepare for telescopic materials handler operations
- Conduct telescopic materials handler pre-operational checks
- Operate telescopic materials handler
- Attach, secure, lift, carry and place materials
- Select, remove and fit attachments
- Relocate the telescopic materials handler
- Carry out machine operator maintenance
- Clean up work area
The training facilities are comfortable and air conditioned, with modern training aids. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided as well as fridges and a microwave for participants to use. There are several takeaway lunch spots of good quality within a kilometre. Lunch is not provided with the training.
Students have direct access to all the necessary plant required for the relevant course i.e. Cranes, EWP, Forklifts and Scaffold.
The Construction Training Centre offers a free car park for all students and visitors, as well as a cafe onsite.
On-site Training & Group Bookings
We also offer onsite training as well as group booking options at our training facilities.
Onsite training and group bookings provide the advantage of being able to choose the course dates as it is suitable for you and your employees.
For more information contact us on (07) 3183 0000 or send an email enquiry.