Swing Stage Scaffold (Installer) Course
Inquire for course price
10528NAT Course in the Installation of Swing Stage Scaffolds
This Swing stage scaffold training unit is specifically designed for applicants working in the construction, mining and resources industries.
Duration: 2 days
Times: 7:00am - 3:00pm
Class size: 6-8 students
All participants must hold Advanced Scaffolding Licence (issued by a State/Territory jurisdiction) or Advanced Rigging Licence (issued by a State/Territory jurisdiction)
All participants must also hold a RIIWHS204D – Work safely at heights (or equivalent) or CPCCCM2010B – Work safely at heights (or equivalent)
Unit/s of competency: PICSSS001A Plan, install, commission, alter and dismantle swing stage scaffolds
What Is Included In The Installation Of Swing Stage Scaffolds Course?
This unit applies to persons who are required to install swing stage scaffolds for a range of workplace functions. This course is intended to provide learners with a range of knowledge, and skills to perform the following functions associated with the installation/erection of swing stage scaffolds:
- Undertake initial installation appraisal and planning
- Undertake detailed planning, installation and preparation
- Ensure the safe installation of swing stage scaffold
- Ability to commission for hand over
- Ability to maintain swing stage scaffold
- Ability to dismantle swing stage scaffold
- Ability to use travel restraint and fall arrest for swing stage scaffold installers
- height rescue and retrieval for swing stage scaffold installers
More Skills Australia has specifically designed this training for applicants working in the construction, mining and resources industries.
This unit describes the outcomes required to safely plan, install, commission and dismantle swing stage scaffolds. It does not include the application of cantilevered hoists; or hung scaffolds, including scaffolds hung from tubes, wire ropes or chains, that are classified as Advanced Scaffolding or Advanced Rigging in the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011.
The unit covers the skills and knowledge typically required by installers of swing stage scaffolds. Scaffolding work involving swing stage scaffolds requires the installer to hold a high risk work licence for Advanced Scaffolding or Advanced Rigging as defined by the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011.
This course meets the requirements under Part 7.3 of the Scaffolding Code of Practice 2009 (Workplace Health and Safety Queensland) for a person to erect or install suspended scaffold (swing stage scaffold).
- Plan Job
- Select and inspect scaffolding and associated equipment
- Set up swing stage scaffolding
- Install and commission scaffolding equipment
- Dismantle scaffolding and associated equipment
With successful completion of the 2 day training course you will receive a statement of attainment (SOA’s) for:
PICSSS001A Plan, install, commission, alter and dismantle swing stage scaffolds
How To Make A Booking
Bookings for Swing stage scaffolding training can be made by phone, email or in person.
From 1 January 2015, we are required to report forthcoming training and assessments in Swing stage scaffold courses to Workplace Health and Safety Queensland no later than three (3) business days before the proposed start date.
Therefore all course bookings must be confirmed by 4pm, FOUR (4) days before the desired course start date.
The WH&S More Skills team will advise you of all the training course details at the time you make the booking. If necessary, our team may need to suggest alternative dates.
A booking cannot be completed without:
- Student’s legal names (first and last) as shown in the student’s driver’s licence or passport
- Student’s date of birth
Training, Assessment Dates & Fees
Please see the course date and fees page.
Training Requirements & What To Bring
- Students Unique Student Identifier (if available)
- Photo ID i.e. Queensland or Interstate Driver’s Licence or Passport
- A basic knowledge and understanding of the English language
- Hard toe shoes, Long pants and Hi Vis shirt or vest
More Skills Australia will provide general training equipment i.e. notes, training plans, calculators and pens.
Our training facilities are air-conditioned and fully purpose equipped and our students have direct access to all the necessary plant required for the relevant course i.e. Cranes, EWP, Forklifts and Scaffold.
On-site Training & Group Bookings
- We also offer onsite training as well as group booking options at our training facilities.
- Onsite training and group bookings provide the advantage of being able to choose the course dates as it is suitable for you and your employees.
- For more information contact WH&S More Skills on: (07) 3183 0000 or send an enquiry below.
Terms and Conditions
Please read our complete Terms and Conditions and Refunds & cancellations policy.