Duration: 2 days training and 1 day assessment
Times: 7:00am – 3:00pm
Class size: 8 students
Pre-requisite: No pre-requisites
Assessment type: Theory and practical
Units of Competency
|Course Code||Course Name|
|CPCCLHS3001A||Licence to operate a personnel and materials hoist|
What is a Personnel and Materials Hoist?
A materials or personnel hoist is used to hoist personnel, goods and/or materials. It comprises a car, structure, machinery or other equipment associated with the hoist, and may be either a cantilever hoist, tower hoist or a multiple winch operation.
Included in this definition are situations where winches may be configured to operate as hoists for the transportation of personnel.
This unit specifies the outcomes required to operate a builder's hoist in which personnel, goods and/or materials may be hoisted, and which comprises a car, structure, machinery or other equipment associated with the hoist, and which may be a cantilever hoist, a tower hoist or a multiple winch operation. Included in this definition are situations where winches may be configured to operate as hoists for the transportation of personnel for licensing purposes.
This unit requires the operator to plan work, conduct routine checks, conduct hoist operations and shut down and secure a hoist.
Why Train with Us?
- Large variety of funding options available:
- CSQ Short Course
- BERT Training Fund
- We do not cancel courses due to low numbers*
- We include RII units
- Extensive range of plant equipment
- Tax deduction for accredited training
*Except where required by the state safe work regulator
- comply with OHS licensing legislation
- effectively communicate and work safely with others in the work area
- identify hazards associated with the operation of the hoist and put in place effective hazard controls for those hazards identified
- determine load weights
- effectively conduct personnel and materials hoist operations to include the tasks of raising and lowering loads with hoist; in conjunction with awareness of the limitations of the hoist according to manufacturer's specifications
- ensure hoist controls are attended throughout operation.
- effectively conduct emergency lowering of the hoist according to the emergency lowering procedure
- effectively conduct pre operational and shut down checks of the personnel and materials hoist (particular awareness of controls, alarms and lockout devices).
The training facilities are comfortable air conditioned with modern training aids. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided as well as fridges and a microwave for participants to use. There are several takeaway lunch spots of good quality within a kilometre. Lunch is not provided with the training.
Students have direct access to all the necessary plant required for the relevant course i.e. Cranes, EWP, Forklifts and Scaffold.
The Construction Training Centre offers a free car park for all students and visitors, as well as a cafe onsite.
On-site Training & Group Bookings
We also offer onsite training as well as group booking options at our training facilities.
Onsite training and group bookings provide the advantage of being able to choose the course dates as it is suitable for you and your employees.
For more information contact us on (07) 3183 0000 or send an email enquiry.