Duration: 2 days training and 1 day assessment
Times: 7:00am – 3:00pm
Class size: 8 students
Pre-requisite: No pre-requisites
Assessment type: Theory and practical
Units of Competency
|Course Code||Course Name|
|CPCCLHS3002A||Licence to operate a materials hoist|
What is a Materials Hoist?
A materials hoist is used to hoist goods or materials only, not personnel. The car, bucket or platform is cantilevered from, and travels up and down externally, to a face of the support structure.
his unit specifies the outcomes required to operate a materials hoist being a builder's hoist by which only goods or materials and not personnel may be hoisted and where the car, bucket or platform is cantilevered from, and travels up and down externally to, a face of the support structure for licensing purposes.
This unit requires the operator to plan work, conduct routine checks, check controls and operation, conduct hoist operation and shut down and secure hoist.
Why Train with Us?
- Large variety of funding options available:
- CSQ Short Course
- BERT Training Fund
- We do not cancel courses due to low numbers*
- We include RII units
- Extensive range of plant equipment
- Tax deduction for accredited training
*Except where required by the state safe work regulator
- comply with OHS licensing legislation.
- effectively communicate and work safely with others in the work area.
- identify hazards associated with the operation of the hoist and put in place effective hazard prevention/controls
- determine load weights.
- effectively conduct materials hoist operations to include the tasks of raising and lowering loads with equipment and materials for cantilevered cars, buckets or platforms.
- ensure the hoist is attended at all times.
- effectively conduct pre operational and shut down checks of the materials hoist (particular awareness of controls, alarms and lockout devices).
The training facilities are comfortable air conditioned with modern training aids. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided as well as fridges and a microwave for participants to use. There are several takeaway lunch spots of good quality within a kilometre. Lunch is not provided with the training.
Students have direct access to all the necessary plant required for the relevant course i.e. Cranes, EWP, Forklifts and Scaffold.
The Construction Training Centre offers a free car park for all students and visitors, as well as a cafe onsite.
On-site Training & Group Bookings
We also offer onsite training as well as group booking options at our training facilities.
Onsite training and group bookings provide the advantage of being able to choose the course dates as it is suitable for you and your employees.
For more information contact us on (07) 3183 0000 or send an email enquiry.