Gantry or Overhead Crane Course
Course Price: $395
- 1-day course
- 8 participant maximum
- Theory & practical assessment
This Unit of Competency is designed to assist individuals and organisations to meet their obligation for training of staff as set out in the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and Work Health and Safety Regulations 2011.
The Regulation no longer requires persons to hold a licence for the operation of a remote or pendant operated, Bridge and Gantry Crane with 3 or less powered operations. However, there is still an obligation for worker training.
Applicants for this Unit of Competency will be trained in the safe use and operation of a gantry and/or overhead cranes including topics such as planning, preparing, operating and equipment maintenance.
Duration: 1 day
Times: 7:00am – 3:00pm
Class size: 8 participants maximum
Assessment type: Theory and practical
Unit/s of competency: RIIHAN305D Operate a gantry or overhead crane
- Access, interpret and apply crane operation documentation and ensure the work activity is compliant
- Obtain, read, interpret, clarify and confirm work requirements
- Identify and address potential risks, hazards and environmental issues, and implement control measures
- Select and wear personal protective equipment appropriate for work activities
- Coordinate activities with others prior to commencement and throughout operations
- Prepare load for lift in accordance with crane limitations and rigging requirements
- Perform pre-start, start-up, park-up and shutdown procedures
- Confirm the work area hazards are removed or controlled prior to commencing the lift
- Interpret signals in accordance with AS2550
- Operate controls to lift, transfer and lower loads
- Monitor lift operations and ensure compliance
- Inspect crane for faults
- Perform routine operational servicing, lubrication and housekeeping tasks
- Process written records
With completion of this course the applicants will be issued with a statements of attainment (SOA) for the Unit of Competency:
RIIHAN305D Operate a gantry or overhead crane
Course Dates And Fees
Please see the course date and fees page.
Training Requirements & What To Bring
- Course participants should be 15 years of age or over
- Photo ID i.e. Queensland or Interstate Driver’s Licence or Passport
- The Legislation requires the applicant to have a basic knowledge and understanding of the English language
- Work safety shoes
More Skills Australia will provide safety helmets, high visibility vest, whistles as well as the general training equipment, notes, logbook and training plans, calculators and pens.
Our training facilities are air-conditioned and fully purpose equipped and our students have direct access to all the necessary plant required for the relevant course i.e. Cranes, EWP, Forklifts and Scaffold.
On-site Training & Group Bookings
- We offer onsite training as well as group booking options at all our training facilities.
- Onsite training and group bookings provide the advantage of being able to choose the course dates as it is suitable for you and your employees.
- For more information contact More Skills Australia on (07) 3183 0000 or Send an email enquiry.
Please read our complete Terms and Conditions and Refunds & cancellations policy.