Duration: 1 day
Times: 7:00am – 3:00pm
Class size: 10 students
Pre-requisite: No pre-requisites
Assessment type: Theory and practical
Gantry or Overhead Crane can be conducted as a Night Course. Please contact us for further information.
Units of Competency
|Course Code||Course Name|
|RIIHAN305D||Operate a gantry or overhead crane|
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to operate a gantry or overhead crane in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles.
This Unit of Competency is designed to assist individuals and organisations to meet their obligation for training of staff as set out in the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and Work Health and Safety Regulations 2011.
The Regulation no longer requires persons to hold a licence for the operation of a remote or pendant operated, Bridge and Gantry Crane with 3 or less powered operations. However, there is still an obligation for worker training.
Why Train with Us?
> Large variety of funding options available:
- CSQ Short Course & SAGT
- BERT Training Fund
- User Choice
- Certificate 3 Guarantee
> We do not cancel courses due to minimum numbers*
> We include RII units
> Extensive range of plant equipment
> Tax deduction for accredited training
*Except where required by the state safe work regulator
- Access, interpret and apply crane operation documentation and ensure the work activity is compliant
- Obtain, read, interpret, clarify and confirm work requirements
- Identify and address potential risks, hazards and environmental issues, and implement control measures
- Select and wear personal protective equipment appropriate for work activities
- Coordinate activities with others prior to commencement and throughout operations
- Prepare load for lift in accordance with crane limitations and rigging requirements
- Perform pre-start, start-up, park-up and shutdown procedures
- Confirm the work area hazards are removed or controlled prior to commencing the lift
- Interpret signals in accordance with AS2550
- Operate controls to lift, transfer and lower loads
- Monitor lift operations and ensure compliance
- Inspect crane for faults
- Perform routine operational servicing, lubrication and housekeeping tasks
- Process written records
The training facilities are comfortable and air conditioned, with modern training aids. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided as well as fridges and a microwave for participants to use. There are several takeaway lunch spots of good quality within a kilometre. Lunch is not provided with the training.
Students have direct access to all the necessary plant required for the relevant course i.e. Cranes, EWP, Forklifts and Scaffold.
The Construction Training Centre offers a free car park for all students and visitors, as well as a cafe onsite.
On-site Training & Group Bookings
We also offer onsite training as well as group booking options at our training facilities.
Onsite training and group bookings provide the advantage of being able to choose the course dates as it is suitable for you and your employees.
For more information contact us on (07) 3183 0000 or send an email enquiry.