Duration: 2 days training and 1 day assessment
Times: 7:00am – 3:00pm
Class size: 8 students
Prerequisite: No pre-requisite
Assessment type: Theory and practical
EWP >11m Licence is also conducted as a Night Course. Please contact us for further information.
Units of Competency
|Course Code||Course Name|
|TLILIC2005||Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)|
What is an Elevating Work Platform?
To operate a boom type elevating platform you need a WP high risk work licence.
An elevating work platform uses a telescoping device, hinged device, articulated device or any combination of these to raise personnel, equipment or materials to perform work.
The length of the boom is the greater of either the:
- vertical distance from the surface supporting the boom-type elevating work platform to the floor of the platform with the platform extended to its maximum height
- horizontal distance from the centre point of the boom's rotation to the outer edge of the platform with the platform extended to its maximum distance.
Note: elevated work platforms less than 11 metres in length are not included in this definition.
This unit specifies the skills and knowledge required to safely operate a boom-type elevating work platform where the length of the boom is 11 metres or more.
Boom-type elevating work platform means a telescoping device, hinged device, or articulated device, or any combination of these, used to support a platform on which personnel, equipment and materials may be elevated.
A person performing this work is required to hold a boom-type elevating work platform high risk work (HRW) licence.
This unit requires a person operating a boom-type elevating work platform to plan the work, conduct routine checks, set up elevating work platform, operate elevating work platform, and shut down and secure elevating work platform.
Why Train with Us?
- Large variety of funding options available:
- CSQ Short Course
- BERT Training Fund
- We do not cancel courses due to low numbers*
- We include RII units
- Extensive range of plant equipment
- Tax deduction for accredited training
*Except where required by the state safe work regulator
- Risks and Hazards
- General inspection and preparation of work site requirements
- Plan and prepare work
- Conduct routine checks and equipment maintenance
- Set up elevating work platform
- Operate elevating work platform
- Shut down and secure equipment
- WH&S legislation
The training facilities are comfortable air conditioned with modern training aids. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided as well as fridges and a microwave for participants to use. There are several takeaway lunch spots of good quality within a kilometre. Lunch is not provided with the training.
Students have direct access to all the necessary plant required for the relevant course i.e. Cranes, EWP, Forklifts and Scaffold.
The Construction Training Centre offers a free car park for all students and visitors, as well as a cafe onsite.
On-site Training & Group Bookings
We also offer onsite training as well as group booking options at our training facilities.
Onsite training and group bookings provide the advantage of being able to choose the course dates as it is suitable for you and your employees.
For more information contact us on (07) 3183 0000 or send an email enquiry.