BERT Training Fund (BTF) is a joint Union and Employer initiative which provides members of the Building Employees Redundancy Trust (BERT) with funding and assistance to improve their skills. The fund which was previously known as the Queensland Construction Training Fund (QCTF) was established in 1991 to enable industry to take responsibility for the funding of its training needs.
Who they help
How they are funded
How Training Grants Work
2. Find out what course you would like to do with WH&S More Skills and note the details.
3. Apply for a grant online with BTF (BTF recommends you do this prior to undertaking the course) - allow 5 to 10 working days for approval.
4. Once your grant is approved in writing, pay and enrol in your chosen course and do the training.
5. When your training is complete send BTF:
- A copy of the paid invoice from WH&S More Skills;
- A copy of the training results (Statement of Attainment/Qualification or driving assessment report);
- A copy of your Separation Certificate (if applicable); and
- A copy of your bank statement clearly displaying the name of the bank, the account name and the BSB and account numbers.